Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bridesmaids revisited: Etiquette for wedding party focuses on ...

They made the pact when they were children, long before there was a proposal and a ring.

Since she was a young girl, Laura Stanger has known that when her older sister got married, she would be the maid of honor.

But that did not stop the 21-year-old Red Bank woman from being completely at her sister's service.

"I called her almost every day," Ms. Stanger said. "I would go to appointments with her."

Ms. Stanger helped plan the bridal shower, rehearsed her reception toast and, on the big day six months ago, held her sister's flowers and passed her the bridegroom's ring at the right moment in the ceremony.

"I really wasn't even worried about how I felt or how I looked," she said. "I was more worried about her."

When couples get married, they often ask close friends or relatives to participate in the wedding party.


Read More

No comments: